How to maintain curly hair like Beyonce ’s
If you have curly hair like Beyoncé’s in the featured image, you most likely have a hard time maintaining it. Beyonce ’s curls may look fabulous in pictures, but maintaining curls can prove a hassle. If you are a curly headed person then this article is for you.
Curly headed people like Beyonce , in the above image sometimes find it hard to not only build, the right hair regimen for their curls, but as well finding the right hair tools can be quite difficult as well.
Being a curly headed person myself, I have spent a lot of money trying to not only find the right hair care products, but as well the right hair care styling tools, such as brushes’, combs and so forth.
Well unlike Beyoncé I did not have a personal hair stylist to advise me on what products I should use or what hairbrushes and comb are out there in the market for use on curls, I had to learn through trial and error like most people.
Therefore, if you are on a journey trying to find the right tools and hair care products for your curls then this article is definitely for you.
Combs and Brushes
Curly hair can be quite difficult to detangle; using wide toothed combs and brushes is advisable
Brushes: Brushes should be wide toothed bristles, with smooth tips. Brushes that are meant for use on curly hair should always be made of silicone or a synthetic flexible material, as to stop hair breakage when combing or brushing.
Brushes that are recommend for Curly hair
• Denman Classic Styling Brush D4
• Denman Styling Brush, Heavy Weight, 9-Row
• Denman Classic Styling Brush with Free Flow Wide Spaced Pins
As mentioned earlier wide toothed combs are also recommended.
Hair styling products that all curly headed people should definitely have at home.
• Kinky curly Knot today
• Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Rinse
• Babo Botanicals Berry Primrose Smooth Detangler
• Macadamia Natural Oil Nourishing Leave In Cream
Hair conditioners as well, should be very nourishing and add a ‘’slip’’ when you have curly hair. Whatever your hair type, oils are a must especially if you have curls down below is a list of great hair conditioners for Curly hair.
Conditioners for curly hair
- • AG Hair Cosmetics Re:coil Curl Activating Conditioner
- • Darcy’s Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Conditioner
- • Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner
- • Mop Top Deep Conditioner
Shampoo’s aimed at curly hair should add as much slip as they should contain nourishing and repairing factors’, shampoo’s aimed at curls, should help detangle the curls, repair curls, as well as protect them. The following list is my recommendations’of shampoos for curls’.
Shampoo’s that are made specifically for curly hair and work well
- • Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
- • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo
- • Kerastase Nutritive Bain Oleo-Curl Shampoo
- • Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo
Hair polishes’ and hair serum’s are also a necessity when dealing with curly hair and the following is a list of great hair serums that work well with curly hair.
Hair polishers that are recommended for Curly hair
- • Keratin Complex Shine
- • Jheri Redding Professional Reflections Spray-on Shine