How to get the perfect sock bun like Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez comes up with some of the most elegant hairstyles, on the red carpet. Jennifer Lopez hairstyles sometimes leave you wanting to try the hairstyles at home. The star was pictured with a high bun that is normally called the sock bun.
The sock bun, that Jennifer Lopez was sporting on the Red carpet, did not just look elegant, but it looked easy to achieve, the hairstyle may have looked easy o achieve, but some time’s trying this hairstyle can leave you with more messy bun, and quite frustrating after an hour of styling.
If you would like to achieve the big sock bun at home and would like to get styling tips that make it easy to style then this article is for.
Styling tips, on how to achieve Jennifer Lopez’s high sock bun with ease
- • Make sure that your hair is clean, as hair product buildup can make your hair harder to style, and leave you with dull looking hair after styling.
- • Blow dry your hair eighty percent dry, using a rounded headed hairbrush, first section your hair into six sections using alligator clips.
- • Start at the back, blow-drying a small section at a time, until you have done your whole head.
- • Then spray your hair lightly, with a leave-in hair conditioner that contains nourishing ingredients and ingredient’s that give a ‘’slip’ ’to hair.
- • Then using a small toothed comb, ‘’scrape your hair back into a high ponytail
- • Then tie your hair up using ‘’ouch less’’ rubber band, that has the closest hair color to your own, if you have black hair use black band, if you have blonde hair use a beige ‘’ouch less’’ rubber band.
- • Then using a ‘’bun ring’’ that is freely available at your local beauty supply store.
- • Then place the bun ring at the tip of your high ponytail, and then pull your hair though.
- • Do the above step and pulling the bun ring closer to your scalp until you have your hair around the whole bun ring, and making sure your hair is evenly distributed on the bun ring, and covering it.
- • Purchase a bun ring that resembles your own hair color.
- • Once you have finished, using your finger pad’s, gently spread the hair over the bun ring, making sure that the bun ring is covered.
- • Once done, use bobby pins to pin away the loose tip that may be showing, to make the bun neat.
Recommended leave in conditioners
- *TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost Leave-in Conditioner
- *L’ANZA Healing Smooth Glossifying Conditioner
- *Rusk Sensories Smoother Passion Flower and Aloe Smoothing Leave in Conditioner
Recommended hair polishers that can be used after blow drying
- *Oscar Blandi Olio Di Jasmine Shine Spray
- *Maxius The End
- *Keratin Complex Shine